Monday, February 17, 2014

Funfetti Popcorn

If you know me, you know I'm obsessed with Funfetti   There's something about those exploding sprinkles that turns any cake into such a fun party!  Every birthday, my request is to have a homemade Funfetti cake.  A few years ago, I tried out Funfettcookies and they were an amazing success.  And today, I took my obsession to a whole new level and made Funfetti Popcorn!  

The Funfetti Popcorn was phenomenal.  It was chocolatey, crunchy, salty, buttery, colorful, and sweet.  The clumps of Funfetti tasted like cookie dough and cake batter mixed all in one.  Eating this made me feel like I was at the movies, mixing my popcorn with cookie dough bites all at the same time and enjoying every minute of it.  It was amazing, and I'll give you the recipe so you can see for yourself!

Ingredients
Yields 2-3 servings

1 package Popcorn
3/4 cup White Chocolate Chips
 3/4 cup Funfetti Cake mix
3 Tbsp. sprinkles
2 Tbsp. olive oil

 Instructions
1. Pop bag of popcorn.
2. In microwavable safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips in 30 second increments until completely melted.
3.  Add olive oil to chocolate and stir until the consistency is smooth.
4. Add the cake mix and continue to stir until everything is mixed in.
5. Pour popcorn into a large bowl and remove the excess kernels.
6. Add white chocolate cake mix on top of the popcorn and sprinkles.
7.  Toss the mixture with your clean hands for at least three minutes until the popcorn is coated the best that it can be with the chocolate mix. 
8.  Put in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to harden the chocolate.

When that 10 minutes is up, you'll be in for the biggest treat ever!  If you want more, just double or triple the recipe.  This delicious popcorn is perfect for parties or a movie night in on the couch.  Soon, you'll be as obsessed with Funfetti as I am!  Enjoy sweeties!

2 comments:

  1. i've had the cupcakes, but i've never tried it on popcorn. it's pretty and i bet it tastes good.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, you have to make this! It's so amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete