If you're throwing a fairytale party, you need to serve some whimsical Apple Marshmallow Toadstools! Everyone will be in awe by their magical look and taste. They're simple to make and only take a few minutes. Here's how you make them:
2. Mini marshmallows
3. Paper plate
4. Construction paper (preferably green)
1. Slice small pieces of apple at an angle to resemble a crescent shape. Note- toadstool mushrooms come in all shapes and sizes so don't worry about it if they don't all look the same!
2. Take a toothpick and stick on a mini marshmallow
3. Then take the apple slices and place it right above the marshmallow on the toothpick
4. Repeat until you have enough toadstools to display on the plate
5. Turn the paper plate upside down and cut out a circle of construction paper and tape it on top of the plate (I ran out of green so I used blue instead!)
6. Poke little holes into the plate first with the toothpicks then stick the toadstools into the plate
These magical toadstools are so fun and easy to make, and seeing them displayed in their own grassy knoll (or blue grassy knoll in my case!) is so adorable! Guests can come pick their toadstools right from the meadow and eat as a small snack. The chewy marshmallow and crunchy apple slice go extremely well together.
My niece and nephew loved making these, it's a good way to practice some fine motor skills as well with kids as they place the center of the toothpick into the marshmallow and apple! Slicing the apples takes the most time but all in all you can whip up this toadstool meadow in minutes! Enjoy!