Sunday, January 8, 2012

Funfetti Cookies

Happy 2012 candy lovers!  This is my first post of 2012, so I figured I need to make it extra sugary, sweet, and delicious!  Today you will be learning how to make delicious Funfetti Cookies.  If your New Year's resolution is to bake more and consume more sweets, start HERE!  What a bright, colorful, and exciting way to welcome 2012! 

One thing that you must know about me is that my favorite cake EVER is Funfetti.  Ask my family, every year for my birthday, they know that's the cake to make.  That's why I was super excited to find this recipe and scrumptious photos from Baked Perfection.  I can't wait to whip up a batch and know that they will have that same great delicious mini Funfetti cake taste in a bite size portion.

Instructions/Ingredients
Yield 2 dozen cookies

1 (18.25) package Funfetti Cake
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla until combined. Drop teaspoons of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown. Move cookies to a cooling rack, cool completely before assembling.

Frost bottom side of half the cookies. Top with unfrosted cookie. Roll edges in assorted sprinkles.

Very Vanilla Frosting

1 stick of butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk

Beat butter and vanilla until creamy. Add salt. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until combined. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency.  

Time to get baking! Thanks to Baked Perfection for this amazing creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment