Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Candy Corn Oreos


Happy Fall y'all!  No sweets will get you more in the fall mood than Candy Corn, which is why I was so excited to see Candy Corn Oreos hit the shelves at Target!  I had heard about these last year but when I went to buy them, they were all sold out.  This year, I made sure to get them early.  As soon as I saw the bright yellow bag with big pieces of Candy Corn depicted on the wrapper, I was hooked.


As soon as I opened the bag of Oreos, I smelled Candy Corn.  The golden cookies were packed with half orange and half yellow filling and I was ready for a bite.  They were definitely very sweet, much sweeter than a regular Oreo.  At first bite, it tasted like I was eating a shortbread Chessman cookie mixed with Candy Corn.  Then, after a few more bites, I realized the Candy Corn flavor was totally just in my head and what they really tasted like were DUNKAROOS with vanilla frosting!   Exactly like them!  Then I just pictured myself eating the little Kangaroo shaped cookies and having the time of my life dipping them into the pool of frosting.  I loved Dunkaroos so I loved these cookies as well.  I do think it would have been cool to have the regular black cookies instead of the golden color to really bring out the Halloween colors.  Remember, orange is the new black! :)


The inside was definitely creamy and complimented the crunchy cookie very well.  Talk about a perfect balance.  The creamy inside just reminded me of licking the frosting off of a knife that's used to frost cupcakes.  It's so smooth and delicious and good until the last drop!

I'd definitely suggest trying these cookies because:

1. It will put you in the Halloween spirit
2. They're limited edition
3. They're super sweet and delectable

Happy Halloween! Boo!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment