Spring has sprung which means that summer is on your mind and right around the corner! You're daydreaming about the beach and wearing the new swimsuit you just bought in the warm ocean. You're aiming to get that picture perfect beach bod but know that life is all about balance and there's always s time to treat yo' self and that sweet tooth of yours. So join me today in making these Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins and fulfill that sweet tooth urge!
With using greek yogurt, almond milk, and whole wheat, you're on the healthy track with these substitutions! These muffins are easy to make on a Sunday morning (I just woke up and had the urge). They are filled with banana and chocolate chunks and fresh out of the oven they're gooey and smell delicious! They're the ideal treat, on the go snack, and are easy to freeze and reuse. It's the perfect amount of sweetness to make your tastebuds stand up and give you a high five. Did I convince you yet? Here's what you need to know to get started!
1 1/2 Cup Flour (Whole Wheat for the skinniest option)
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
3 Ripe Bananas
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Cup plain Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp. Almond or Soy Milk
1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
4 Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray muffin tin (regular or mini) with olive oil spray
3. Mash bananas and add vanilla, greek yogurt, milk, egg, honey, and oil. Mix together until smooth
4. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in another bowl and mix
5. Add dry ingredients in step 4 to the wet ingredients in step 3 and mix until fully combined (Works great in a Kitchen Aid if you have one, but hand mixing also does the trick!)
6. Add chocolate chips last and mix together
7. Add mixture to muffin tin and fill to the top. Bake mini muffins for 15 minutes and regular sized muffins for 20-25 minutes
8. Cool muffins for 4-6 minutes before placing on a cooling rack
9. Devour and enjoy!
I felt like Amelia Bedelia when making these delicious banana chocolate chip muffins. I loved reading her stories when I was little, and it made me smile to remember her silly personality and decadent recipes. I had a few extra rip bananas lying around and put them to extra good use. These muffins are mouthwatering and will be gone instantly!