Happy Holidays! 'Tis the season to start blogging again after a long hiatus, 'tis the season to be jolly and 'tis the season for baking sweet & festive desserts! Everyone knows that Thanksgiving dinner and holiday meals are not complete without a turkey. Instead of eating and baking the real thing, we're making Rice Krispies Turkey Legs the Dark Meat edition! I know you're all excited about the dark meat, because who doesn't love milk chocolate covered pretzels, topped with Rice Krispies treats! Here's all you need to know to make this simple and delicious festive treat!
1 box of Rice Krispies Cereal
1 bag of Mini Marshmallows
6 Pretzel Rods
Semi Sweet Baking Morsels
1/4 Cup Butter
1. Break pretzel rods in half and place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper.
2. Melt chocolate in microwave or stove top
3. Once chocolate is melted, dip the end of the pretzel rod into the chocolate, and have your mini marshmallows nearby to stick two onto the dipped end. You will need two mini marshmallows per rod. Let the marshmallows and dipped ends sit for a few minutes until they are all tightly stuck together.
4. After marshmallows and dipped ends of the pretzel are hardened, dip the whole pretzel in the melted chocolate. Repeat until all twelve sticks are covered in chocolate. Once finished, put the rods in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to completely harden.
5. While the rods are hardening in the refrigerator, melt the remaining marshmallows and butter together in the microwave or on the stovetop. Stir the mixture until it is as fluffy and mixed as this photo.
6. Then add the Rice Krispies into the mix and stir until all of the ingredients are mixed together.
7. Use wax paper to grab small amounts of the Rice Krispies mixture into an oval shape. This will help reduce the stickiness on your fingers and is easier to mold.
8. By this time, the rods should be completely hardened and ready to combine with the Rice Krispie ovals. Place each Rice Krispie on top of the chocolate covered rods and make sure none of the bare rod is displayed.
9. Repeat until each of the rods are topped with the Rice Krispies.
10. Drizzle any remaining chocolate onto the top of the Rice Krispies to finish the dark meat effect and add some extra delight.
11. Place the finished product back into the refrigerator to set and completely harden.
12. Share the wealth, grab a bone, and enjoy!
I love Rice Krispie treats and chocolate covered pretzels, so this was a phenomenal combination! I love my twist on the dark meat edition because nothing compares to dark and milk chocolate. Your guests will love these as much as you and will be greatly impressed by your creativity. Don't worry, no bite will disappoint because there's no opportunity for a piece of bad meat here! And who doesn't want to eat the whole turkey leg, that is delicious down to the bone :)
This creative dessert is such a fun way to get into the holiday spirit, and is so easy to make.